- When window is re-opened, tab icon is just the globe for lots of the tabs.
- Make sure
selfClean doesn’t create a race condition
- After reloading extension, old content script will try to reset favicon back to normal
- Maybe inject an inject ts into the dom
selfClean will check if timestamp of the script matches the timestamp in the dom
- if no match, then it avoids manipulating the dom
- maybe do this at a lower level (dom-utils)?
- Disable fading for specified tabs
- Add context menu to page with options
- Turn off for (checkbox)
- Turn off for current tab (checkbox)
- Mark unread (checkbox)
- handle discarded tabs? Some tabs might be
- Don’t load content script on pinned tabs
- Add cache of favicons for faster loading
- Show CSP error in popup.js by sending CSP error to tab, and then displaying it back later.
- Maybe show a message asking if user wants to enable working on more tabs, but using more permissions
- Make icon red over time?
- Badge with hours inactive?
- Click icon to mark all the tabs / unmark them with freshness information
- Move stale tabs to one side
- Show staleness when opening popup
- Show screenshots of all stale tabs so you can easily decide which to keep and which to delete
- Close stale tabs in mass
- Click to reset freshness of all open tabs
- Fade out in stages: grayscale => opacity 50% => opacity 0% => orange => red
- Fade out marker stages: time badge => icon faded + time badge => badge blue => badge orange => badge red => icon and badge red
- overnight, expire all tabs (show red?)
- Split up code based on criteria
- popup? (not sure if this code should be included with content-scripts as part of a “dom” group)